Press & Media
Welcome to the Classy press room.
Classy is a giving experience platform that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about.
Working on a Classy story?
We've got you.
- Introducing Classy Academy, a New Online Training Platform for Nonprofits to Improve their Fundraising Prowess
- Classy Reveals Top 50 Finalists for 2021 Classy Awards, Celebrating Resilience and Innovation in the Social Sector
- Classy Unveils Speaker Lineup for Its Nonprofit Conference
- New Report from Classy Uncovers Online Giving Patterns from The Virtual Fundraising Environment of 2020 Across 9.4 Million Donations
- Certified B Corp, Classy, Raises $118M in Series D Funding to Help Nonprofits Increase Their Impact
- Classy Announces the Relaunch of the Classy Awards to Honor Nonprofits and Social Enterprises
- Nonprofits Raised $1 Billion in 2020 on Classy Platform
- Nonprofits on the Classy Platform Are On Track to Raise Over $900 Million in 2020, Amidst Pandemic
- Nonprofits on Classy Raise $37.9 Million on Giving Tuesday, the Highest Amount Raised on a Single Day Ever on the Platform
- Classy’s Third Annual Why America Gives Report Shows a Favorable Outlook on Nonprofit Giving Despite the Pandemic
- Classy Launches Classy for Facebook Integration to Help Nonprofit Fundraisers Expand Reach
- Classy Unveils Interactive Real-Time Giving Hub for Nonprofits and Donors in Honor of #GivingTuesdayNow
- Classy Launches Its First-Ever Virtual Conference for Nonprofit Professionals
- Total Year-End Donations Made on Classy’s Platform Exceed $27 Million, Marking Highest-Grossing Giving Day in Company History
- Nonprofit Donations Exceed $19 Million on Classy’s Platform on Giving Tuesday, Growing 25% Over Last Year
- New Classy Survey Shows Giving Tuesday Awareness on the Rise as Annual Charitable Giving Season Begins
- New Classy Study Finds Majority of Nonprofit Employees Satisfied in Current Roles, Far Outpacing National Job Satisfaction Metrics
- New Classy Report Finds Return Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers Raise Over Twice as Much as One-Time Fundraisers
- Classy’s Donation Volume Nearly Doubles to $24 Million on December 31, 2018; Marks Largest Giving Day in Company History
- Giving Tuesday Donations Eclipse $15 Million on Classy for Largest Single Giving Day in Company’s History
- As Giving Season Begins, New Classy Study Finds Only 10 Percent of Americans Plan to Give Less to Charity This Year
- The Salvation Army Selects Classy as Its Online Fundraising Platform to Help More People in Need
- Classy Hits $1 Billion in Donations, Commits to Doubling Recurring Donor Base
- Disaster Relief Top Priority for Donors as Giving Tuesday and Holiday Fundraising Season Near, New Classy Study Finds
- Classy Welcomes Adam Aarons as Chief Revenue Officer & President and Neena Gupta Needel as Chief Product Officer
- Classy Achieves AWS Nonprofit Competency Status
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America Selects Classy as Preferred Digital Fundraising Platform
- Classy Unveils Expansive Events Product to Drive Nonprofit Fundraising Success
- Classy Passport Recognized as Finalist for Fast Company’s 2018 World Changing Idea Awards
- Former Atlassian Marketing Head, Pledge 1% Co-Founder Joins Classy as Chief Marketing Officer
- Classy Introduces Classy Passport™: The First Cross-Currency Fundraising Solution for Nonprofits
- Classy’s #GivingTuesday 2017 Breaks Records, Marks Biggest Single Giving Day in Platform’s History
- #GivingTuesday 2017: Classy Launches Real-Time Giving Hub and New Philanthropic Effort, “ClassyGives”
- Scot Chisholm, Classy CEO And Co-Founder, Named A Glassdoor Highest Rated CEO In 2017
- 10 Nonprofits Win Classy Awards for Groundbreaking Innovations in Social Good
- Classy Raises $30 Million to Help Social Enterprises Scale Their Impact
- Classy is Named to First-Ever Forbes 2016 World’s Best 100 Cloud Companies List
Download Classy resources.
Grab the complete media packet which provides all the necessary logos and assets for the Classy brand. Just
let us know if you need anything else.
Our founding story
Classy started as a fundraising solution developed from the perspective of supporters. We came together as a group of people inspired by personal experiences with causes we care about. After our founder’s mother survived two rounds of breast cancer, we sought to enable more people to make a difference for the causes they care about. Frustrated by the challenges around making donations and the poor experience for supporters, we questioned why giving had to be so hard. We believed better technology was the answer, so we decided to build it. Beginning with our own fundraising campaign and refined across the campaigns of thousands of nonprofits, our powerful platform is elegantly designed to optimize giving experiences, so that supporters are more engaged and nonprofit fundraisers have a greater impact. We are singularly dedicated to getting more funding directly to the causes that matter most, and with $3B raised on our platform in the first 10 years, we are just getting started.
Classy is on a mission to mobilize and empower the world for good. People want to make a difference, and great giving experiences help them connect to causes they care about. Through powerful technology and insights, Classy enables nonprofits to engage them when and how it matters. And when people's generosity is unlocked, it means more giving and more impact.
Backed by Norwest Venture Partners, Mithril, Salesforce Ventures, Bullpen Capital & other impact investors.
Who Are Classy's Customers?
Classy’s customers include 6,000+ of the world’s top nonprofit organizations and social enterprises. Our customers range from high-growth social good startups to some of the most respected nonprofit brands in the world.
At any moment there are thousands of campaigns that are being run on Classy. We’ve had the honor of powering some of the most successful online fundraising campaigns of all-time.
Check out our customers page to see more.
Who Are the People Behind Classy?
We’re 240+ passionate technologists building the best fundraising technology available. We put the needs of nonprofits and supporters first as we expand our platform and scale our codebase.
What Is the Collaborative + Classy Awards?
The Collaborative is an annual, multi-day experience that convenes top leadership from across the social sector and showcases the most innovative solutions to today’s global problems. The Classy Awards, recognize excellence in social innovation. If you are a member of the media looking to attend either event, please email [email protected]
How Does The Classy Platform Work?
Classy thinks it should be easy to give. With Classy, you have the formats to engage supporters and activate donors when and how you need to. Our suite of fundraising tools allows you to create more relevant connections and encourage more people to contribute to your cause. With intuitive experiences and payment options, Classy makes it incredibly easy for supporters to give, resulting in much higher conversion. Classy’s purposeful tools enable you to realize your fundraising strategy with ease and efficiency. Create high-performing campaigns and make quick changes as fundraising needs evolve. Classy started as a solution to fundraising from the perspective of supporters. We’ve developed a deep understanding of supporter needs and behaviors through 10 years of experience and data from thousands of campaigns.
Can any Organization Use Classy?
Currently, we allow nonprofit organizations and social enterprises from the United States and Canada to use the Classy platform.
We also work with Corporate Foundations and select corporations to power employee fundraising. If interested, give us a shout at [email protected].
What Is Classy's Business Model?
Classy offers a variety of subscription plans that suit any sized organization. Classy applies an industry-low revenue share for the funds that are raised through the platform ranging from 0-5% depending on the subscription plan that is chosen. Classy does not apply a fee to offline donations that are logged through the platform (but not actually raised online).